Kirk Radio Interview||01.05.05

• The Bear (TB)- We're talking to Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett on the phone right now, Kirk - hows it going?

Kirk Hammett (KH) - Very good, thank you.

TB - So you guys have been on vacation for a while now, so I'm gonna ask the question everyone wants to be asked - when are you guys planning to head back to the studio - if at all?

KH - We were originally planning on getting back to the studio in early May, so, in a few weeks, but everyone - being Lars, James, Rob and myself, are enjoying our vacation so much, we just need a little bit more time off.
    This time is not like the last time, when we recorded St Anger. This time, James has already come up with some riffs and got together with Rob to jam a little bit, so maybe the process in the studio this time will be a little bit quicker - well - hopefully it doesn't take as long as last time! (laughs)

TB - Have you jammed at all with James, lars, or Rob during your vacation?

KH - I haven't played with any of them, but like I said earlier James got together with Rob once or twice.

TB - Are the four of you guys still staying in touch?

KH - We try! (laughs) It's so difficult - I've been in Hawaii, and everywhere else visiting friends and family, James has been spending time at home, I'm not sure about Rob - he's just having fun - and Lars isn't even in the same country as us. But yeah, I've talked to James a few times, Rob only once. Lars has been pretty much non-existent because of his distance from us. I should probably call him....(laughs)

TB - Why do you say that? (laughs)

KH - Jesus, I don't even know if he's alive! What kind of guy am I? (laughs)

TB - (laughs)
    We'll be right back for a few more questions for Mr. Kirk Hammett of Metallica, right now, it's Metallica's own Fade to Black.

[plays fade to black]

TB - Edmonton's best rock, 100.3 the bear, that was Metallica's Fade to Black. That is one hell of a solo at the end of that song, did you come up with that?

KH - Yes, I partly did...James assisted me greatly.

TB - In the documentary Some Kind of Monster, you make a comment about how decisions were made when you weren't there, and you didn't have much say in the music - is this true?

KH - It is true, up until the Loads I didn't have much say in the song writing process.
    Kill em All, I litteraly had no say - the album was pretty much written already when I joined, I just changed up some solos slightly to make it more my style instead of Dave's. (mustaine). Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets, Cliff and myself had more of an influence on it. On Justice and the Black Album I had a little bit more say on what happened, simply because Jason had NONE (laughs). For the Loads, like I said, I was set free! I had alot of say in the writing process. Garage and S+M really had no writing process...and you know about St Anger!

TB - Allright, that's all the time we have for today, thank you so much Kirk for talking to us

KH - My pleasure.

___
    Quelle: http://www.thebearrocks.com/

metallicamp.de || mod

The Hetfield & Metallicalmer Bang your Head and Drunk Tour 08/09/10

05.07.2008 Wacken Rocks Seaside
    25.10.2008 Volbeat, Stuck Mojo
    29.11.2008 Saxon, Motörhead
    09.01.2009 Nutellica
    09.03.2009 AC/DC Oberhausen
    17.05.2009 Metallica Köln
    30.08.2009 Wacken Rocks Seaside
    10.10.2009 Jan Delay - Bremen
    08.01.2010 Nutellica Osnabrück
    29.04.2010 Six Feet Under Osnabrück
    13.11.2010 Volbeat Hamburg
    03.12.2010 Johann König - Emden
    22.01.2011 Jan Delay - Lingen

• Zitat

Original von metallicalmer
    KH - We were originally planning on getting back to the studio in early May, so, in a few weeks, but everyone - being Lars, James, Rob and myself, are enjoying our vacation so much, we just need a little bit more time off.

EY!...ein bisschen mehr disziplin, bitte!.... :D

• Zitat

Lars has been pretty much non-existent because of his distance from us

genau der satz gefält mir überhaupt nicht. heisst das jetzt dass sie geografisch von lars distanziert sind oder mental , sprich - sich nicht mit ihm verstehen?

• Zitat

:hurra: das bedeutet etwa, dass sie im september wieder ins HQ gehen :D

• Es hat sich nun herausgestellt, das es ein Fake ist. :sleeping:

Can any of you tell me if you did an on-air interview with Metallica's Kirk Hammett this last week anytime? I do reporting for an Internet rock news site and there is a rumor on the Metallica messageboard that he was on 100.3 The Bear doing an interview. There is even a transcript posted and I'm trying to prove the validity of it. It states that Hammett said that they are going to start recording their next album in May sometime. Thanks so much for your help.

Kevin

Hey Kevin, Whoever did that posting is feeding a line of bullshit. The last time anyone at The BEAR did an interview with Metallica was in March of 2004, when Metallica came through Edmonton with Godsmack. I did an interview with James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett.

Cheers, Park Warden

metallicamp.de || mod

The Hetfield & Metallicalmer Bang your Head and Drunk Tour 08/09/10

05.07.2008 Wacken Rocks Seaside
    25.10.2008 Volbeat, Stuck Mojo
    29.11.2008 Saxon, Motörhead
    09.01.2009 Nutellica
    09.03.2009 AC/DC Oberhausen
    17.05.2009 Metallica Köln
    30.08.2009 Wacken Rocks Seaside
    10.10.2009 Jan Delay - Bremen
    08.01.2010 Nutellica Osnabrück
    29.04.2010 Six Feet Under Osnabrück
    13.11.2010 Volbeat Hamburg
    03.12.2010 Johann König - Emden
    22.01.2011 Jan Delay - Lingen

• :rofl: :D :D
    hehe so kanns gehn!
    ich fands trotzdem amüsant vor allem das:
    "I'm not sure about Rob - he's just having fun " :rofl: :rofl:
    dder geht sicher wieder snowboardn der alter checker!" :rofl: :rofl:

[CENTER]jaymz8zr.gif[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]darkness imprisoning me, all that I see, absolute horror
    I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself, body my holding cell[/CENTER]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!

Hard N Heavy Tourflash

Kommentare