Erstes und verlorenes Cliff-Video gefunden | 05.11.03

• Verlorenes Cliff Video wieder aufgetaucht
    -----------------------------------------------------------

(frei übersetzt von mir, Quelle :www.encycmet.com)

Ein nach über 20 Jahren verschollenes Video mit der letzten Performance von Ciff Burton mit der Band "TRAUMA", 24 Stunden,
    von MEtallicas Drummer Lars Ulrich enteckt wurde, ist wieder aufgetaucht. (Geniesst dies extrem rare Performance,
    das zum ersten mal für Metallica und Cliff Fans zur verfügung steht.)

Das ist das MAterial, von dem Lars und James immer sprachen, und mit dem SOlo, das sie dazu bewegte, Cliff zu verpflichten.

Don Wrege, der Regisseur des Videos "Trauma Live" : Im Sommer ´82 arbeitete ich in Los Angeles und wurde von einem
    Typen namens Tony kontaktiert. Er fragte mich, ob ich Intresse dran hätte, ein Video einer von Ihm gemanagten Heavy-Metal
    Band ausserhalb San Franciscos zu drehen.

Was mir begegnete, war laut, und es machte mich sofort sprachlos, als ich sah, wie gut der Bassist (also Cliff) war.
    In ihrer Show waren einige intressante Dinge wie ein leichtbekleidetes Mädel im S/M Outfit, dass an ein riesiges Kreuz
    angekettet war; ein anderes Mädel das in Jungfräulichem Wiess opferbereit auf einem Alter während des SOngs " I am the warlock"
    lag. ( Tony hatte extra 2 Cow-Girls von einer Mustang(Pferde)Ranch in Nevada einfliegen lassen) und das Drum-Solo des Drummers
    auf seinem brennenden Drum-Kit hätte Ihn fasst erblindet.

Mehr auf der Homepage vonDon Wrege

Leider muss man für das runterladen 5 $ bezahlen, aber ich denke, das das Video bald im Netz kurieren wird.

Kalmi

--Original _--

LOST CLIFF VIDEO FOUND
    Unavailable for over twenty-one years watch Cliff Burton's head-banging 1982 performance with heavy metal
    group Trauma only 24 hours before being discovered by Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich. Enjoy this extremely
    rare performance that for the first time is available to Metallica and Cliff fans.

This is the footage that we always hear about from the Whiskey. James and Lars always talk about it.
    It has the solo that they saw that made them pursue Cliff!

Don Wrege, director of "Trauma Live" "In the summer of 1982 I was working in Los Angeles and was
    contacted by a British fellow calling himself Tony. He asked me if I would be interested in directing
    a long-form music video for a heavy metal band he was managing out of San Francisco called Trauma.

What I encountered was loud, and I was immediately struck with how good the bass player (Cliff Burton)
    was. Their show included such interesting attractions as a scantily-clad woman in a leather S&M outfit
    chained to a huge cross; another girl in virginal white who was sacrificed on an alter during the song
    "I Am the Warlock;" (Tony had flown in two Mustang Ranch girls from Nevada for these parts.) and the drummer's
    solo during which he sets his kit on fire, nearly blinding himself in the process.
    More info on Don Wreges website.

metallicamp.de || mod

The Hetfield & Metallicalmer Bang your Head and Drunk Tour 08/09/10

05.07.2008 Wacken Rocks Seaside
    25.10.2008 Volbeat, Stuck Mojo
    29.11.2008 Saxon, Motörhead
    09.01.2009 Nutellica
    09.03.2009 AC/DC Oberhausen
    17.05.2009 Metallica Köln
    30.08.2009 Wacken Rocks Seaside
    10.10.2009 Jan Delay - Bremen
    08.01.2010 Nutellica Osnabrück
    29.04.2010 Six Feet Under Osnabrück
    13.11.2010 Volbeat Hamburg
    03.12.2010 Johann König - Emden
    22.01.2011 Jan Delay - Lingen

• Hört sich ja ziemlich geil!!!Aber erst jetzt wieder aufgetaucht?Hört sich son als ob der besitzer des orginalbandes ma widder kohle gebrauchen könnte :D

• UPDATE (15.NOV) www.encycmet.com

Mal schauen ob ich mich da an die Übersetzung wage, habe im Moment wenig Zeit.

----------------
    INTERVIEW WITH DON WREGE
    "In the summer of 1982 I was working in Los Angeles and was contacted by a British fellow calling himself Tony. He asked me if I would be interested in directing a long-form music video for a heavy metal band he was managing out of San Francisco called Trauma where Cliff Burton was a member before he joined Metallica. These words are from Don Wrege who directed a video for Cliff and his band prior to Metallica called Trauma. Here is a full story.

First, could you please introduce yourself and tell us how and why you met cliff Burton in the early 80s
    In 1980 I was trying to get a recording contract myself out in Los Angeles and had been working with a couple of labels through the marketing department (Warner Brothers, Capitol) creating new product presentation videos, etc. So I made one of my own band and MTV picked it up soon after it went on the air in 1981.

Well, it didn't make me famous, but I put an ad in The Music Connection Magazine that said "My Work Seen on MTV - hire me to direct your band's video," or something of the sort. It ran for a few weeks and I got a call from a fellow named Tony Van Lit. He was a British chap who put me through a question/answer session on the phone and then we met at a restaurant to discuss his project. We agreed on terms and he invited me to a rehearsal to meet the guys and to hear the set. They had rented some grundgy blown-out warehouse downtown. The video would have been a lot better really if they would have shot it in that environment, but Trauma had a touch of glam going for it (except for Cliff) and Tony their manager liked the trappings of a dressed-up show.

For how long did you know him. Did his playing grow or change at that time?
    Oh I just spent that one rehearsal and then the all-day shoot with him. Not very long at all. He kind of stood off from the other guys and I don't know why I asked him if he'd like to smoke something out in my car but I did, and that's when he came off to me as really ambitious. He said he wasn't long for Trauma, that he was going to be famous fast, and he said they didn't have enough drive.

To their credit, they all had day jobs, and I don't think they could risk them. I got the impression Cliff considered music his day *and* night job.

How was Traumas music compared to Metallica?
    As different as Cliff was from the rest of the guys in Trauma. Trauma's music was more "precious" metal than heavy. I mean, they poofed up their hair and wore sparkly clothes and the singer's voice was very high-pitched. Metallica was much heavier stuff. Cliff stood out like this kind of manic rag doll on speed or something. His bass playing was the best part of Trauma I don't think there was any question about it.

Trauma-Cliff-Burton.jpg

How was the Metal scene on the west coast these days? Was the Metal massacre albums a major part of the movement?
    Frankly, in 1982 metal was laughed at in Los Angeles. When Tony Van Lit told me that metal was catching on big in England, and that it was going to hit big in the states soon and he was going to ride that wave I had to hide my grin. I didn't believe him, but I wanted to direct the video so I didn't argue. I mean, take a look at the top ten from '82, you've got things like "Mickey," by Toni Basil and "We Got the Beat" by the GoGos and the heaviest thing being accepted at the time was stuff like Journey's "Open Arms." So Metallica at that time was way off in left field as far as the major labels seemed to think. It sure wasn't welcome on MTV yet.

Do you think he changed when he joined Metallica?
    I have a firm belief that he became richer and happier, not necessarily in that order.

How did you hear the news about Cliff joining Metallica? What happened to Trauma, did they find a new bassist?
    I think I saw his picture associated with their album promotion and recognized him as that guy that who was in my car and who said he was going to be famous. "Right on," I thought. "He did it." I felt good for him. As for Trauma, they ended up with another bass player and had a tune on the Metal Massacre II album (I just bought a copy off of Amazon) but I read they broke up soon after that.

The video you recorded, what was it ment to be used for? Where has it been the last 20 years and why is it released now? Are there any plans to release it on DVD?
    It was originally meant to sell the band to a major label. Tony was going to make the rounds with it. I've always had a copy because it was part of my contract. I have often wondered where the master ended up. I know Tony and the studio owner were arguing over costs associated with damage to the studio ceiling when Trauma's pyrotechnics blew some holes in it and scorched the shit out of the tiles. The studio owner held onto the master tape for some time as I remember. Further complicating things was the story I was told that manager Tony drove off with a bunch of borrowed amplifers the night of the Troubador show and was never heard of again. I do not know if this is true or not, but I never heard from him again. (The amps can be seen behind the group in the video although they were using their own which were set up underneath.) After about twenty years I figured the tape wasn't going to surface by any other means so I pulled it out of my vault. Right now it's an Internet stream via Windows Media Player 9, but if some production company wants to put it out they can feel free to contact me. I wish Metallica would buy it. I'd gladly sell it to them directly and let them handle it all the legal problems that would be associated with physically mass producing it.

Anything you want to say or tell the Metallica fans?
    Just that you can usually tell right off when you meet someone if they're going somewhere in life or not. And that's definitely the feeling I got from Cliff when I met him. It's something he expressed with such conviction that you knew deep down he wasn't bullshitting himself, which is really what it's all about. He put out a vibe of "watch out world, I'm gonna grab you by the balls," and damned if he didn't.

metallicamp.de || mod

09.01.2009 Nutellica

• Laut Stoney ist jeder ganz klar im Vorteil, wenn er lesen kann !

metallicamp.de || mod

09.01.2009 Nutellica

• http://www.dataflix.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=262&idAff=264%20

Wenn man auf Preview klickt kann man sich nen Teil von dem Vid reinziehen. Geile Qualität.

LARS: Don't say "searchin' seek and destroy" and then start smiling as you're saying "destroy".
    BOB ROCK: I can't! It's so fun playing this kind of music.
    LARS: This kind of music...?! We're the most succesfull rockband in the world motherfucker, this is not "This kind of music..." Ok?
    SKOM 2005

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!

Hard N Heavy Tourflash

Kommentare