Making of St. Anger

• meiner meinung nach gab es gerüchte, dass ungefähr gleichzeitig mit dem neuen album auch eine dvd mit der gesamten bandentwicklung über die letzten jahre erscheint. nur weiß ich nich mehr woher ichs hab, oder ob ich das nur geträumt hab... :D

• BERLINGER AND SINOFSKY FILM PROJECT | 03/01/2002 << GO BACK

Eagle-eyed viewers of the 'Paradise Lost 2: Revelations,' DVD will have noticed that filmmakers, Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky, mentioned in their biographical section that there was a future project centered around Metallica. It's all true. At the invitation of the guys, Berlinger and Sinofsky were invited to start filming the band writing and recording, as well as gaining unprecedented access to their private worlds, starting last April. Nothing has been off-limits, meaning the duo have amassed hundreds of hours of footage embracing everything from Phil Towle sessions to 2 am riffs, and there's a lot more to be done. "We've only shot 30 or 40% of it, so Joe and I would be hard-pressed to define the project because it's constantly changing," says Sinofsky. "We told Cliff (Burnstein) when he asked what kind of film it's going to be, 'why don't you ask Lars, James and Kirk what kind if of album it's going to be?'"

Berlinger, Sinofsky and Metallica first met each other when the duo were making 'Paradise Lost: The Child Murders At Robin Hood Hills' about the three West Memphis teenagers who were accused, and convicted of, a murder many feel they didn't commit. Berlinger and Sinofsky cautiously asked if they could use some Metallica music in the film (at the time the band hadn't consented to such requests before) and were warmly surprised to find that the band agreed and refused to charge a fee so supportive did they feel of the project. "It was really very, very cool of them," remembers Sinofsky, "and they supported the follow-up too. It was really the start of a deep and personal relationship which has grown between us all."

It's therefore no surprise to hear that Berlinger and Sinofsky first approached Metallica about a project centered around them five years ago. "They weren't ready to be completely open back then," explains Sinofsky. "They said when they were ready they'd come to us, and they have. And Joe and I are extremely excited. It's looking very intimate, very personal and I think it will excite the band too. Joe said early on that if we were going to make a film we wanted to know we were going to get access. If we look at one of our films and realize that other people could've got it, then we've failed."

The last few months will also be documented in the final cut, even though it was hardly expected by the filmmakers. "Joe and I have dealt with some really difficult subject matter," says Sinofsky. "You don't wish bad news on anyone, but it unquestionably makes for drama and you're there to capture it. So the band going through some flux and some growing pains is the kind of material a filmmaker prays for. Of course, on a personal level you don't want people to go through their tortures and dealing with their demons, but ultimatley for the Metallica fan, they will see things they've never seen before. And to quote Joe, 'I think right now we hit upon an amazingly important band going through some amazing changes."

Quelle: www.metallica.com ;)

• *keinen bock auf lesen hat*

kann mir mal wer sagen waqs da nun im grobem und ganzem getextet wird?

bayern.gif"Alle lästern immer über die bösen Killerspiele-Zocker, wenn ein Amoklauf ist. Aber wenn einer einen Holzblock von einer Brücke schmeißt, schreit keiner 'böse, böse Tetris-Spieler!'"

• Also ganz kurz gesagt, die beiden Filmemacher Berlinger und Sinofsky machen einen Film über die Enticklung des neuen Albums, die beiden begleiteten seit dem letzten April Metallica und haben viel gefilmt und viele Fotos gemacht.

"out of my own, out to be free
    one with my mind, they just can't see
    no need to hear things that they say
    life ist for my own to live my own way"

-Escape-

• achso ja davon hab ich schon gehört, aber ist es nicht so dass die beiden vor etwas längerer zeit in den studios gefilmt haben? da kann das doch wohl nicht so aktuel sein oder ist das garned solanbge her mit dem dreh? :skeptisch:

ich hoffe bloß da kommt nix in die kinos! obwohl, wenn's nen live-konzert auf zelluloid gäbe hät ich nix dagegen ;)

bayern.gif"Alle lästern immer über die bösen Killerspiele-Zocker, wenn ein Amoklauf ist. Aber wenn einer einen Holzblock von einer Brücke schmeißt, schreit keiner 'böse, böse Tetris-Spieler!'"

• wie gesagt, letztes Jahr im April.

"out of my own, out to be free
    one with my mind, they just can't see
    no need to hear things that they say
    life ist for my own to live my own way"

-Escape-

• Zitat

Original von -IDamirI-
    ich hoffe bloß da kommt nix in die kinos! obwohl, wenn's nen live-konzert auf zelluloid gäbe hät ich nix dagegen ;)

Nö, ich auch net! :D

• ja in so ner riesen halle mit ner fetten soundanlage könnte doch ziemliches live gefühl aufkommen *sabber*
    aber nein, hollywood verplempert sein geld für zeugs wie daredevil und so nen scheiß :D

• Laut dem neuesten Metallica- World Newsletter, liegt dem neuen Album eine kostenlose DVD bei, mit den Aufnahmen der Jamtracks zum Making of St. Anger. :]

Ist doch cool, aber Metallica und kostenlos? Ich vermute es gibt eben eine Spcialedition vom neuen Album, die 5 Euro oder so halt mehr kostet.

• Angeblich soll ja das neue Album durch die DVD nicht teurer werden. Hoffe mal, dass das auch stimmt. Finde die Idee aber echt geil, alle 11 Tracks live einzuspielen und dann auf DVD zu pressen, weil man wird live sowieso nie die Gelegenheit haben, alle Songs live zu hören.

When a man lies
    He murders some part of the world
    These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
    All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
    Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

• ich denke, so abwägig isses garni, dass man die tracks live hört. schließlich wollen die ja nächstes jahr ne welttournee machen?! war immer so.
    und die tracks die nich klingen, die muss ich auch nich live haben. ansonsten is das wirklich eine geile idee. wenn sie ihr versprechen halten und das teil trotzdem nich mehr kostet, dann mach ich drei kreuze.

• verdammte 2 monate. genau!
    ich will garni wissen, wieviel arbeiten ich noch bis dahin schreibe. wie viele zensuren ich noch ertragen muss......

aber vielleicht hab ich ja glück und es passieren auch ein paar schöner dinge, damit ich mich nich die ganze zeit durchquälen muss. :baby:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!

Hard N Heavy Tourflash

Kommentare