Jason Interview zu Metallica's Tour-Plänen

• Former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted has been speaking to rock sound on-line about his new band VoiVod and his former band mate's announcement to play the US with Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit.

"I guess, over the years at different times, it was always a secret true aspiration to be the bass played in VoiVod," Newsted explains in a press statement about joining the Canadian pioneers. "We've talked somewhat seriously about his actually happening since 1995. I also feel strongly about my hard-earned ability to bring some long deserved recognition to these brilliant musicians, whom I've looked up to since the early days of this music that the four of us helped to invent. I'm not starting over, I'm just continuing. A positive rebirth has occurred for me in the case of joining VoiVod. It is a new beginning of all of us."

Meanwhile Newsted has snubbed his former band's stadium tour which starts off on July 4, dubbed the 'Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003'

"It's a joke I think Metallica are just a joke, I don't think they have any idea. I am fan of Metallica again, I did my thing in there and felt good and I'm proud of that shit and I am more proud than sour. But that's the integrity down the fucking tube! Why can't they take out Strapping Young Lad, why can't they take out In Flames? What they are doing now is such an obvious cash thing and has nothing to do with the music that we're supposed to be fighting for.

"Kirk got quoted about their new record sounding like Entombed, how can it sound like Entombed, how? Who is playing bass to make it sound like Entombed, James is a good bass player but c'mon dude! Lars - he hasn't practised enough drums over the years ­ he let his art fall away from him, he doesn't have the same finesse as he used to have, so how is it going to sound like Entombed and have that energy? And anyway if they are speaking like that how come they are not talking Entombed out on tour? Or Meshuggah -how came they are not staying true to their words? That's what really bother me."

Metallica have announced that their new studio album is to be called 'St. Anger'. This is due for release in early June. Also on the US tour will be Deftones and Mudvayne opening the bill.

Voi Vod start their US tour on April 10 and are set to visit Europe in June ­ but don't expect to see Metallica and VoiVod on the same bill.

"There is political shit going on, they are really against us being on the same bills. Wherever Metallica is you won't be seeing VoiVod."

JASON HAT VERDAMMT RECHT!!! Metallica wollen nur noch geld machen und das is der grund warum sie nich die von lars ach so hochgelobten meshugga mitnehmen sondern auf kommerz-kacke wie LP und LB zurückgreifen.

• Ich wollte eigentlich die deutsche Übersetzung hierdraufsetzen,
    hatte dann aber Angst, das ich dann von dem Webmaster der Seite einen auf den dDeckel bekomme.

Aber ich mach dann mal Werbung für Metfan.de ,da ja auch einige hier sind, die der englischen Sprache nicht so mächtig sind.

@seb: Wenn du das nicht haben möchest das ein link zu einer anderen Metallica-FanSeite hier drinsteht, nehm ich das wieder raus.

@the thema:

Jason hat recht in einigen Punkten.

metallicamp.de || mod

The Hetfield & Metallicalmer Bang your Head and Drunk Tour 08/09/10

05.07.2008 Wacken Rocks Seaside
    25.10.2008 Volbeat, Stuck Mojo
    29.11.2008 Saxon, Motörhead
    09.01.2009 Nutellica
    09.03.2009 AC/DC Oberhausen
    17.05.2009 Metallica Köln
    30.08.2009 Wacken Rocks Seaside
    10.10.2009 Jan Delay - Bremen
    08.01.2010 Nutellica Osnabrück
    29.04.2010 Six Feet Under Osnabrück
    13.11.2010 Volbeat Hamburg
    03.12.2010 Johann König - Emden
    22.01.2011 Jan Delay - Lingen

• Wieso zum Teufel solltest du von mir einen auf den Deckel kriegen? :D Wenn Du das übersetzt hast, kannst Du es mir gerne schicken. Ich hab im moment leider viel zu tun und kann deshalb selber nicht mehr so viel machen

• ne ich habs nicht übersetzt,
    deswegen.Aber ich dachte, wenn ich das einfach hier reinkopiert hätte, ohne erlaubnis des Verfassers oder AUtors,
    dann haätts nur wieder stress gegeben.

Nein Jason hat nicht nur in einign Punkten recht, sondern in allen.

metallicamp.de || mod

The Hetfield & Metallicalmer Bang your Head and Drunk Tour 08/09/10

05.07.2008 Wacken Rocks Seaside
    25.10.2008 Volbeat, Stuck Mojo
    29.11.2008 Saxon, Motörhead
    09.01.2009 Nutellica
    09.03.2009 AC/DC Oberhausen
    17.05.2009 Metallica Köln
    30.08.2009 Wacken Rocks Seaside
    10.10.2009 Jan Delay - Bremen
    08.01.2010 Nutellica Osnabrück
    29.04.2010 Six Feet Under Osnabrück
    13.11.2010 Volbeat Hamburg
    03.12.2010 Johann König - Emden
    22.01.2011 Jan Delay - Lingen

• Also ich finde im Falle Limp Bizkit und Linkin Park hat er recht

wer kümmert sich schon und diese Drecksbands?
    LP und LB gehen mir meterweit am Arsch vorbei

who's the one to suffer now?
    you're the one who showed me how
    put yourself on the ropes
    there's no breaks

• Zitat

Original von jjbmf
    @ jason: wenn du schon 95 darüber nachgedacht hast, vovoid beizutreten, warum biste dann erst nach echobrain gegangen :skeptisch:

weils voivod 95 nich wirklich gab. außerdem wollen die vielleicht auch mal gefragt werden.:D

• Wieso wollen sie nur so viel Geld, sie sind dochs chon so reich :(
    Und lieber nicht gut ankommen, als Scheiße machen udn außerdem wären sie trotzdem gut angekommen wenn sie gute Bands mitgenommen hätten!

• Zitat

Original von Scary Guy
    was ? :skeptisch: ich denk, die gibts schon seit 83 oder 84 ?

ja, aber soweit mein gedächtnis zurückreicht, haben die sich mitte der neunziger sang- und klanglos halb offiziell aufgelößt.
    reunion war vor zwei jahren.

@ vic: das erste album war schon 83? das kann nich sein! denn da gabs nur nur die kill em all und dann haben alle bei denen gekupfert. :D:D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!

Hard N Heavy Tourflash

Kommentare