Was neues von Jase

• JASON NEWSTED Out Of ECHOBRAIN, Not Interested In Rejoining METALLICA - Aug. 26, 2002

Former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted has left ECHOBRAIN and has been replaced by DE'BRIAH four-stringer Adam Donkin, brother of guitarist/vocalist Dylan Donkin.

"The ball is now pretty much in their court," Newsted told Mercury News . "I've pretty much paved the way. Now, it's up to them to earn their way back up to that. All the money I put into it, I'll never see again, but it felt so good,'' Newsted said of the trio, which will continue to release albums through Jason's Chophouse Records.

Newsted also commented on the possibility of his returning to METALLICA, as has been constantly rumored since his departure back in January 2001.

"Six months ago, I might have told you that things are looking OK [about me returning to the group],'' he said. "Now I'm not really interested.'' If METALLICA mainman James Hetfield called, "and said, 'I really want you to help me make that music' and addressed it that way ? no lawyers, attorneys, managers ? I would consider it,'' Newsted said. "But it would have to be him calling me. I don't ever want to say it could never happen.'"

According to Jason, he has returned to listening to METALLICA as a fan again. His favorite album is 1984's Ride the Lightning , recorded before his tenure with the group. "They made the biggest jump in the least amount of time. It was when they finally discovered they were something to be reckoned with. It was all so incredibly epic sounding. [Former METALLICA bassist] Cliff [Burton]'s writing is still timeless, monstrous."

With regards to METALLICA's heavily-publicized fight against Napster, Newsted stated the following: "I don't mind sharing my music. I gave away the first 2,000 ECHOBRAIN CDs. But with METALLICA , that was their art. Would anybody, a painter, a photographer, would they give you a painting free and let you copy it and sell the lithographs for $2,000 apiece?'

"We were in a position, unlike almost every other contemporary artist, where we had an exclusive contract since 1990. We didn't need to use the record company as a bank and METALLICA has funded everything it's done, every album, every video. That's why we were so vigilant. No one else has their own music to protect.

"Most kids are just stealing from a record company, which gets 85 percent of the dollar. Not many people make money on music to the point where you can eat. Not even the people you see on MTV who look like they are doing so well?

"You may think we have too much money for your taste, but we worked really hard to get to where we are, harder than 97 percent of the bands that ever existed,'' Newsted said. "Do you think it's special enough to pay for? Then it's only fair to pay for it.''

Merkwürdig, daß er Echobrain verläßt...
    Das er nur zu met zurückgeht, wenn er gefragt wird, ist aber nichts neues, oder??

[CENTER]† I bring poverty, sickness and de(a)th †[/CENTER]

Dave at the Milton Keyne's Bowl 93':

"For me today is a very historical day. 10 years of bullshit is over between Megadeth and Metallica."

• klingt vielleicht komisch,aber ich find die news gut!
    Das bestätigt ja nur,das echobrai ein Projekt von ihm war,aber nicht mit ihm,so wie er es schonmal behauptet hat.Das Jase auf Jaymz anruf wartet find ich fair,jaymz ist kein einfacher mensch,und ich kann mir gut vorstellen das er irgendwas gegen jason gesagt hat,was er erst zurücknehmen muss,um in dann zu fragen...
    Wenn Jason jetzt noch seinen Rücken in den Griff bekommt,dann wird das nochmal was,ich hab da hoffnung...

• ja die hoffnung stirbt zum schluss aber ich kanns mir nicht vorstellen. ich finde das was er über metallica - napster gesagt hat richtig gut, da hat er meiner meinung absolut recht

"Your friend is the one you call to bail you out of jail."
    366p.jpg
    Your best friend is the one sitting next to you saying. "Dude, that was awesome!"

• naja also selbst wenn das die beiden -was ich stark bezweifle- untereinander wieder hinbekommen, dann is immer noch Jase Gesundheit das Problem... auch wenn das so ziemlich eine der geilsten Nachrichten wäre die je in diesem Forum stehen könnten "Jase is back!" :D *hopeandpray*

• er hat was mit dem rücken oder? kein wunder er war bei jedem konzert ob auf der justice tour oder auf all den anderen voll unterwegs die ganze zeit :headbang:

366p.jpg
    Your best friend is the one sitting next to you saying. "Dude, that was awesome!"

• Ich glaub schon fast nicht mehr dran dass jason zurückkehrt!! (Trotzdem wärs die beste Lösung)

:guitarist: :guitarist: :guitarist: :guitarist: :guitarist:

When a man lies he murders some part of the world
    M E T A L U P Y O U R A S S ! ! ! :headbang:

• die beste Lösung wär es sicher aber ich glaub das Jason seine Freiheit genießt

ach übrigens im Rock Hard ist in der Juni-Ausgabe gestanden, ich zitiere:
    " JASON NEWSTED (wird in Kürze das Debütalbum "UNPSYCHO" seiner punkigen Zweitband PAPA WHEELIE veröffendlichen, auf dem er Gitarre spielt und singt)"

who's the one to suffer now?
    you're the one who showed me how
    put yourself on the ropes
    there's no breaks

• von dem hab ich auch schon gehört von dem teil yep

366p.jpg

• Find ich ganz toll bei ihm is der rücken kaputt, da macht er kein Metal mehr und geht zum punk pogen kann er wohl noch? :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!

Hard N Heavy Tourflash

Kommentare