LARS ULRICH ÜBER DEN PUNK-EINFLUSS BEI METALLICA | 10.01.2017

• Metallica in The Rise Of LA Thrash Metal
    Metallica in The Rise Of LA Thrash Metal
    Am 19. Januar erscheint bei MetalRock Films der erste Teil der "Inside Metal" Dokumentation "The Rise Of L.A. Thrash Metal". In der von Bob Nalbandian produzierten Doku wird man von Megadeth-Bassist David Ellefson durch die Frühzeit des Thrash Metal geführt.

Während die San Francisco Bay Area gemeinhin als Epizentrum des Thrash Metal gilt, wird hier die Geburtstätte von 3 der "Big Four" Thrash Metal Bands ergründet sowie die Brutstätte vieler unkonventioneller Thrash/Punk-Metal Bands näher beleuchtet.

Ein Clip der DVD zeigt Lars Ulrich, der den Einfluss von Punk-Musik auf Metallica erläutert. Ausschnitte davon könnt Ihr untenstehend sehen.

Ulrich im O-Ton: "When you talk about, for instance, the punk and the metal stuff sort of uniting, a lot of times you've gotta remember that kind of… One group and another group can unite because they're kind of against this other group. 'My enemy's enemy becomes my friend' — you know that saying? So I think that there was a probably a common bond against whatever it was that was going on in Hollywood at that time, with the fakeness and the make-believe of all these glam bands and the shallowness of all that type of stuff that the punks and the heavier metal dudes could kind of bond together against that.

"Our thing was that, in terms of attitude and in terms of a sense of belonging, we obviously felt much more kinship with these [punk] guys, but musically, our roots laid in a lot more traditional metal stuff," he continued. "So, between Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield and myself, [it was] AC/DC, DEEP PURPLE, IRON MAIDEN, JUDAS PRIEST, AEROSMITH, LED ZEPPELIN. It started off more in that kind of vein. Sure, [we liked] RAMONES, MOTÖRHEAD… But that was about the energy, and that was about the attitude. DIAMOND HEAD, that type of thing, that was much more where our hearts and souls were in terms of the musical element. So, a lot of the punk stuff, I loved the attitude, but I didn't feel a kinship with it in terms of the musicality of it."

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Für Interessenten der Thrash Metal Szene sollte die DVD ein Pflichtkauf werden. Zumindest wenn man nicht warten möchte bis die Doku auch auf Netflix und Co zu sehen ist. Neben Ulrich haben folgenden Begleiter der Szene zu der Doku beigetragen:

* Ann Boleyn (HELLION, New Renaissance Records)

* Bill Metoyer (Producer)

* Brian O'Brian (A LA CARTE)

* Brian Slagel (Metal Blade Records)

* Brian Tatler (DIAMOND HEAD)

* Chris Poland (MEGADETH, OHM:)

* Craig Locicero (FORBIDDEN)

* Dave Lombardo (SLAYER, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES)

* David Ellefson (MEGADETH)

* Diego Negrete (MX MACHINE)

* Eric Peterson (TESTAMENT)

* Ernie C (BODY COUNT)

* Felice Lococo & Kurt Markham (OVERKILL L.A.)

* Frank Bello (ANTHRAX)

* Gene Hoglan (DARK ANGEL, TESTAMENT)

* Greg Durschlag (THE WEASELS)

* Jay Reynolds (MALICE)

* Joey Vera (ARMORED SAINT)

* John Bush (ARMORED SAINT, ANTHRAX)

* John Gallagher (RAVEN)

* Juan Garcia (AGENT STEEL, ABATTOIR, BODY COUNT)

* Katon DePena (HIRAX)

* Kevin Estrada (Photographer)

* Lars Ulrich (METALLICA)

* Lloyd Grant (DEFCON)

* Malcolm Dome (Journalist)

* Marty Friedman (HAWAII, CACOPHONY, MEGADETH)

* Mike Inez (ALICE IN CHAINS)

* Monte Pittman (PRONG, MADONNA)

* Peter Baltes & Wolf Hoffmann (ACCEPT)

* Phil Sandoval (ARMORED SAINT)

* Phyllis Pollack (Journalist)

* Rocky George (SUICIDAL TENDENCIES)

* Scott Peterson (CRYPTIC SLAUGHTER)

* Steven Craig (former manager of SLAYER & DARK ANGEL)

* STRYPER (Robert Sweet, Michael Sweet, Oz Fox, Tim Gaines)

* Tracey "Spacey T" Singleton (SOUND BARRIER, GANGLAND)

* Tracy Barnes (Radio PD)

* Vincent Price (STEEL PROPHET, BODY COUNT)

* William Howell (KNAC Radio Host a.k.a. DJ Will, former A&R Capitol Records and Metal Blade Records)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!

Hard N Heavy Tourflash

Kommentare