• Ich weiß, es wird sicher die wenigsten interessieren aber ich poste sowas trotzdem hin und wieder. Mag den Kerl einfach..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=107496569416852 :D

Zitat

In a recent interview with Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM, Newsted stated about his plans to release original music via his newly launched official web site, NewstedHeavyMetal.com, "It'll be called Newsted Heavy Metal Music. Whatever it ends up being — if it's five songs, 20 songs, 50 songs… I don't even know what the heck I'm gonna do. I have so much music from over the years. I have a bunch of new stuff, I have so many mixes of projects with people — new players, young players, old-school players like myself — so I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I wanna unleash on everybody first. That's kind of what it's coming down to — the timing of things and how I wanna hit people with it, and which stuff [to release first]."

Asked how he plans to release his music, Jason said, "I see a couple of the old avenues still being there that will always be there in the purest form — making the vinyl and everybody having the special-edition vinyl to be able to read the lyrics, stuff like you and I loved the most, that's the closest to us that's the most endearing and the most personal. So that's always gonna be there and I never wanna dismiss that, so that will be percentage of it for the fans that really dig the real American kick-ass guitar music … And then the newest avenues that I'm just really now learning about as I expose myself to all this stuff… I saw a piece of one of ['That Metal Show' espisodes on VH1 Classic] and somebody talked about DOWN and some other bands doing four tracks at a time in EP form every few months, letting people have some fresh metal. I think that's a pretty good concept, a pretty good formula — I'm hip to that, [and] I'd like to warm up to that. Since it is new territory for me, I'm really open to that idea; I think it's a good way to spread stuff."

jason_gal_pic5.jpg

• Ja.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=111008132399029

edit:

Zitat

YYESSSS!!!, great feedback on the Met show post!!! I want y'all to know that I am Ultra proud of my time in the band...I am thankful for the wonderful experiences of our 15 years together & I will always be open to jammin' w/ the boys... I am very happy in my life now! I have a new band that bears my own name, we're just finishing our 1st record, I'm feeling strong again playing bass & singing lead vocals & you all wiil be hearing it in 1 months' time!!!! NEW YEAR NEW BAND NEW LIFE!!!!! bless you all & I can't wait to share MY MUSIC with EVERYONE!!!! I'm entrusting all of my friends to help me get the word out!!! JASON'S BACK!!!

• NEWSTED: First Song Available For Streaming

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

"Soldierhead", the first song from NEWSTED, the new band led by former METALLICA, VOIVOD and FLOTSAM AND JETSAM bassist Jason Newsted, was premiered on last night's (Monday, December 17) edition of the "Eddie Trunk Live" show on SiriusXM satellite radio and can now be streamed in the YouTube clip below. The official video for the track was filmed on Saturday, December 15.

"Soldierhead" comes off NEWSTED's four-song EP, entitled "Metal", which will be released exclusively via iTunes on January 8, 2013. Pre-orders begin today (Tuesday, December 18 ).

"Metal" will contain the following tracks:

* Soldierhead
    * Godsnake
    * King Of The Underdogs
    * Skyscraper

By purchasing all four songs, you will receive a copy of Jason's handwritten lyrics.

NEWSTED is:

Jason Newsted - Bass, Lead Vocals
    Jesus Mendez Jr. (THE NAPOLEON BLOWNAPARTS) - Drums
    Jessie Farnsworth - Guitar, Backing Voice

newstedband2012new.jpg

Quelle: blabbermouth.net

• Hier gibt's ein paar Preview Schnipsel aneinandergereiht:

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Auf itunes kann man etwa 1:30 Minuten pro Lied hineinhören.

Edit(h) meint noch, es gibt ein Video-Update:

• Seit 8. Jänner gibt's die EP über Itunes zu kaufen. Ich hab mir die knapp 3 € geleistet. Ich find's richtig gut, vor allem "Godsnake". Von den Liedern her erinnert es mich etwas an die Load-Ära von Metallica.

Soldierhead (0:00)
    Godsnake (4:16)
    King of the Underdogs (9:33)
    Skyscraper (15:33)

• Nachm ersten durchhören muss ich sagen, bin positiv überrascht! Das Lachen am Ende von King of the Underdogs erinnert mich an das aus Puppets.

Favoriten: Metallica, Mastodon, Pink Floyd (Meddle bis Animals), Black Sabbath mit Ozzy, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Pantera

• Nicht schlecht, Herr Specht. Da freu ich mich doch auf mehr. Hat gesanglich tlw. was von Chuck Billy find ich.
    Gleich mal laden das Teil.

Full

Full

• Track 1 u. 3 sind klasse. DIe andern beiden gehen in Ordnung. Auf jedenfall nicht schlecht fürn Anfang und für jemanden, der sich in der Vergangenheit fast ausschließlich aufs Bassspielen beschränken musste. Bei Jasonic kommt selbst in den langsamen Stücken immer ne Energie u. Power rüber. Der gehört einfach auf die Bühne. Und ich kann´s immer noch nicht fassen, das dieses Energiebündel kein Horsemen mehr ist.

• Sehr geil, freut mich sehr, so ein kräftiges Lebenszeichen zu hören. Ich kann es auch nach wie vor nicht fassen, dass er nicht mehr dazu gehört. Alles nur, weil er halt auch nebenbei Dinge wie dieses da machen wollte....

• 5. März 2013 21:28

HEY NEWST3D METALHEADS!!! Chophouse Jam Update!!
    Keeping the heavy music alive, working on new album tracks
    Cheers to everybody!!!! J

Video

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!

Hard N Heavy Tourflash

Kommentare